Is it a thrilling opportunity in a dynamic environment which is constantly evolving what you are currently looking for? Are you curious to see how a company that operates in the Insurance sector provides a great experience at a great price to its customers using cutting-edge technologies to create and sell its products? Then, we are happy to inform you that you have just got a ticket to the fast lane!
IT technology lies at the very core of everything we do and our Engineering and Product departments are composed of passionate and innovative people who never stop learning and developing their skills employing the latest stacks and methodologies.
At Prima, you could take on a whole new challenge. As part of our global community, you’d be in the driving seat of your career; learning and growing with a top-tier team around you. Prima is a place where no matter who you are or what your role is — your voice is valued.
Back in 2015, we embarked on a mission: to provide great value car insurance that is designed for everyone. And we’ve come a long way, we’ve created a culture where we can fuel each other’s success. But we need your expertise, as we steer things in a new and exciting direction.
You’re probably thinking… ‘That sounds pretty good’. We agree.
As well as great colleagues and engaging projects, there are loads of ways we can help you do the best work of your life. We’ve shaped our offering to place a focus on wellbeing, autonomy and development. We see benefits as the fuel that will empower you to succeed, if you decide to embark on this journey with us.
🤸🏽♂️ Working in a way that works for you
We believe in work-life balance and flexibility. Whether you like working from the office, home or a mixture of both. We’ll help you find a balance that works best for you. We even have a policy that means you can work from any location for 30 days a year. We trust you to steer us forward.
🏁 The freedom to explore the possibilities
We may move fast at Prima, but we move together. We’re invested in your growth; so we’ll give you access to a teaching and learning marketplace. And you’ll have regular sessions with your manager to establish a personal growth plan.
🌈 Our winning formula: happy and high-performing
From private medical insurance to discounted gym memberships and wellbeing initiatives: we’re here to support you. We know how important your health and well-being is, so we’ll go the extra mile to help you when we can.
Our goal is to be the most successful Insurtech and best insurance provider in Europe, measured by the value that we can create and share with our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Site Reliability Engineer to join Prima Engineering.
You will be expected to:
- Help development teams to successfully transition to DevSecOps
- Shape the requirements and capabilities of Prima cloud platform
- Act as a technical lead in Prima engineering, identifying and taking ownership of wide-scale/cross-domain initiatives and driving outcomes
- Supporting the development teams so that the most important initiatives are delivered on time, in order to obtain incremental, shared releases
- Actively contribute to Prima's engineering strategy
- Work effectively with Engineering, Product and the wider organization
- Review and influence both high-level architectural decisions as well as implementation details across Prima engineering
- Mentor other engineers and guide them for growth
- Help break down complex business goals into milestones and smaller chunks of work
You are our ideal candidate if you meet these requirements:
- Strong knowledge and experience in Cloud (particularly AWS and Kubernetes) and Infrastructure as Code(ideally Pulumi and Terraform)
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices
- Experience in Observability, platform engineering (ideally Identity and access management/IAM as well)
- Knowledgeable in Cybersecurity best practices
- A clear understanding of the dynamics of software delivery in an agile, microservices-based environment, inclusive of aspects such as: planning practices and ceremonies, design flow, SDLC, operations (ideally domain driven design as well).
- Ability to identify and communicate effectively tradeoffs of different alternatives across all aspects of product delivery
- Ability to build and operate custom software and infrastructure to support the team's activities
- Passion for helping team members to grow and improve
Nice to have:
- Experience with our tech stack (Rust,Elixir, Python)
- Experience with message brokers and DBs (RabbitMQ, Kafka, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in designing and implementing microservices in a large ecosystem
- Experience in building cloud platforms
Prima is a community made up of talented and ambitious individuals. We offer equal employment of any kind based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or other protected personal characteristics, as defined by national laws.
If it sounds like we’d be a good fit for each other, join us in the fast lane!
- Job function
- Experience required
- Mid-Senior level