Prima is an innovative Italian tech company that has revolutionised the insurance industry since its establishment in 2015. With substantial investments totaling €170 million since 2018, Prima is rapidly expanding its global presence. With over two and a half million active clients, Prima aims to become a leading global car insurance provider. Leveraging our well-established AWS experience and platform inherited from our parent company, we have a strong foundation to drive our development forward. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are seeking experienced AWS engineers to optimise our AWS tooling efficiently and effectively.
We seek an experienced and highly skilled Senior Backend Developer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate should possess excellent technical expertise in backend development and strong leadership. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in leading our backend team, building reusable code and libraries, and driving the development and maintenance of our backend systems. Passionate about functional programming and expertise in architectural design is highly desirable.
The Senior Backend Developer will join a team within the Conversion Domain. This crucial company area focuses on implementing a scalable, sustainable and secure strategy to convert leads into customers. The Conversion Domain aims to optimise funnel conversion and enhance the overall purchase experience for motor and non motor products in three different countries: Italy, UK and Spain. We aim to maximise the conversion rate and the customer purchase value, thereby driving substantial revenue growth for the business.
As a member of the backend development team within the Conversion Domain, the Senior Backend Developer will actively contribute to the realisation of this strategic objective. By leveraging their technical expertise and leadership skills, they will collaborate closely with other team members to develop innovative backend solutions that enhance the conversion funnel and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Ability to steer a team towards success, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and support.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers and frontend developers, to deliver high-quality backend solutions.
- Architect and develop reusable code and libraries for future use, promoting code modularity and maintainability.
- Design, develop, and maintain our services, ensuring consistency, scalability, and adherence to industry best practices.
- Collaborate closely with our stakeholders to translate business needs into scalable and effective backend implementations.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in backend technologies, tools, and frameworks, and drive their adoption when appropriate.
- Conduct code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and enforce coding standards to maintain code quality and ensure consistent practices across the team.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex backend issues, ensuring timely resolution and optimal performance.
- Collaborate with product and engineering managers to define project timelines, estimate effort, and ensure successful delivery.
- Mentor and coach junior developers, fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth within the team.
- Proven experience as a Senior Backend Developer or a similar role, with a strong track record of delivering high-quality backend solutions with the highest industry standards (TDD, DDD, etc)
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigms and proficiency or willingness to learn and master Rust.
- Extensive experience in designing system architecture, building reusable code and libraries, and promoting code modularity and maintainability.
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies.
- Strong English communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams
Nice to have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent professional experience).
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate team members.
- Good knowledge of PHP and Symfony framework
- Contributions to the backend development community, such as open-source projects, blog posts, or conference presentations.
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Prima we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the requirements. You might still be a great fit!
We will give you all you need to express your talent and work at your best:
- Dynamic and informal workplace
- Latest generation devices and tools
- Welfare and company benefits
We will evaluate salary and contract terms during the interview, in order to ensure you an offer adequate to your experience and to your competence.
The employment is Full Time. This role can be fully office based, part-remote or fully remote. We currently have offices in London (UK), Milan and Rome (Italy), Madrid (Spain) with more countries due to open soon.
Prima is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The company prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by national laws.
- Milan -Italy
- Job function
- Experience required
- Mid-Senior level