Are You Ready to Transform the Future of Machine Learning?
Imagine crafting the future of insurance through the power of Machine Learning. Are you up for the challenge? Join Prima!
At Prima, we are not just another tech company - we are trailblazers in the insurance industry, challenging the status quo since our inception in 2015. With a remarkable €170 million investment since 2018 and over 2 million active clients, we are proudly on our way to becoming Europe's leading car insurance provider. Our secret weapon? Technology, which lies at the very core of everything we do.
We're setting sail on an exciting journey – building a cutting-edge machine learning platform within our pricing and underwriting domain to bridge the gap between machine learning/data science and engineering. By joining forces with data scientists to craft machine learning solutions tailored to real-world business challenges you will collaborate to drive transformative solutions, playing a pivotal role in shaping the future with us.
In this role, you'll be in charge of making things happen.
You will have the opportunity to work in areas like Machine Learning, data, and software architecture, applying your MLOps industry expertise and engineering proficiencies to tailor them to Prima's specific scenarios, and innovating when faced with gaps in existing knowledge.
In particular you will be in charge of:
- defining the model development methodologies and best practices, following the whole life cycle with a central role in choosing the technological stack
- support the productionalization and evolution of the Oracles, entities that through machine learning pilot the behavior of Prima’s microservices
- develop the tools (packages, microservices, pipelines…) that you deem fundamental for your and your team job
- collaborate with Data Scientists and Business stakeholders
- grow, read, and experiment to always be up to speed with emerging technology
Why you? Your skills are invaluable. Look at what we’re looking for.
- A robust programming background, spotlighting your prowess in Python.
- A familiarity with the lifecycle of ML model development, including past experience in taking them to production.
- Proficiency in software development practices like TDD and BDD, ensuring our code is marked by quality, readability, and maintainability.
- A wealth of experience in software architecture, encompassing an understanding of common design patterns. Your focus on Machine Learning, Microservices, and DDD sets you apart.
- Exceptional command of both Italian and English languages.
Alongside the essential prerequisites, we're excited to find experience in version control of data and artifacts (like DeltaLake, DVC, or MLFlow), designing and operating cloud-based systems, preferably within AWS or Databricks, familiarity with messaging platforms, a grasp of K8s and service mesh concepts, and previous exposure to data orchestration tools (like Spark or other engines for Big Data processing).
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Prima we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the requirements. You might still be a great fit!
At Prima, we are committed to providing you with everything you need to unleash your talent and excel in your work. Our comprehensive benefits package is designed to support your well-being and foster a positive and productive work environment and include:
• An international, dynamic, and informal workplace
• Latest Generation Devices and Tools to empower you to perform at your best
• Hybrid Working and Work-from-Anywhere Policy to promote a healthy work-life integration.
• Learning and Development (L&D) Budget to pursue training and educational opportunities aligned with your professional aspirations, empowering continuous learning and advancement
• Lifestyle Membership, Discounts, Wellness Program as advocates of holistic well-being
Joining the Prima Family:
The employment is Full Time and our contracts are regulated by the CCNL of Commerce. This role can be fully office based, part-remote or fully remote. We currently have offices in London (UK), Milan and Rome (Italy), Madrid (Spain) with more countries due to open soon.
Diverse Backgrounds Encouraged:
At Prima, we believe that diversity fuels innovation and strengthens our team. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to contribute to our mission.
Prima is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The company prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by national laws.
- Job function
- Experience required
- Mid-Senior level