Prima leads the revolution of the insurance world with innovation and technology, data-driven strategy, and world class talents. Born innovators, we work every day to provide a great experience and great prices to our customers. We have redesigned and digitized the entire insurance value chain powered by the most advanced tech stack and data analytics capabilities.
Since the first policy was sold in 2015, Prima has acquired over 2.5 million customers and has grown a team of 800 Prima People. We are backed by top class investors as Goldman Sachs, Blackstone and Carlyle. We are the leading online player in motor market in Italy, but our appetite for growth is huge and drives our global expansion in Europe with our offices in UK and Spain, where we are redesigning and digitizing the entire insurance value chain.
We are looking for a top-tier business-oriented Finance Manager who will work as a sparring partner to the UK Country Manager and the Group CFO. Our perfect candidate will have a strong strategic mindset, with a sound background in corporate finance, ideally with some experience in the insurance sector. We are looking for a business-oriented manager with an analytical and data driven approach with strong communication and leadership skills. The successful applicant will become a real business partner, supporting the Country Manager and the Group CFO in shaping the strategic plan and steering the key business decisions for Italy in an optimal growth/risk/profitability balance.
This position will have a wide-reaching remit covering multiple areas:
- Support the Country manager in defining strategy and targets at business unit level
- Enforce a local value-driven decision making process, generating insights and contributing to Group analyses for the Board of Directors and for investors
- Develop the business plan for the UK and coordinate the other managers to shape the annual budget
- Cascade targets to KPI at country and business unit level
- Coordinate a team of top-talent finance business partners to perform forecasts, monitor performance and provide business intelligence, analytical and negotiation support for each business line (including marketing, pricing, business development, claims management and customer service)
- Support managers on assessing new business opportunities
- Steer and maintain relationship with banks
- Be the main stakeholder for the accounting, tax and reporting teams as well as for the developers team responsible for the accounting tech domain
- 4+ years’ experience in top tier investment banks or private equity, with focus on insurance or fintech sectors, or top tier strategy consulting with M&A focus
- Strong academic background, ideally in a top-tier business school or university
- Positive mind-set, ownership mentality and a pragmatic, “can do” attitude
- Content-driven, analytics mindset, with ability to get deep in the details as well as grasping the bigger picture and the business dynamics quickly
- Advanced financial modelling background
Desirable experience includes:
- A genuine interest in mastering insurance and insurtech technical topics
- ACA or CFA Qualified
- Even if the team will be small (at least in the beginning), you should be an inspiring leader for the whole UK-based employees
- Great communication skills, for influencing other top managers based on data
- A passion for working in a small, agile, fast-growing environment
Here's what we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive pension
- Private Healthcare cover
- Plenty of fresh fruit and healthy snacks
- Fully stocked drinks fridge
- Passionate and friendly team around you
- Hands on training and mentoring
- Opportunity for getting operational experience in a start-up where both your work and the results are highly tangible and matter to the business
We are looking for permanent hires for our new, centrally located London office: 71-73 Carter Lane, London, EC4V 5EQ. Flexible working arrangements, where preferable, can be discussed with the hiring manager.
Prima UK is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by English laws.
- London -United Kingdom
- Finance & Operations
- Experience required
- Mid-Senior level