Prima is one of the largest Insurtech companies in Europe with over 2.5 million customers in Italy, having received over €170 Million in investment since 2018 we have now launched our products in both the UK and Spain.
Our success has been based on our desire to provide a great experience and great prices to our customers, this is underpinned by 5 core values -
- Simplifying complicated things
- Learning through failure
- Challenging the status quo
- Making it happen
- Empowering others to succeed
Our teams collaborate on a global scale with employees in numerous European countries, we believe that the continued investment in the learning and development of Prima people facilitates the further expansion and success of the organization.
Prima now has an exciting opportunity to bring on board a Financial Analyst working within our UK Finance team.
Your role will provide analytical support to the finance function by preparing quantitative analysis to support business decisions. You will also develop, refine, and implement financial policies, plans, and measures to safeguard and accurately report on the financial results of the UK business.
- Posting purchase invoices and supporting AP queries and assisting in establishing a PO approval system for Netsuite
- Preparing the monthly bank reconciliations in NetSuite
- Work closely with the office administrator for any ad-hoc query on vendor invoicing, HMRC correspondence, employee expense notes, etc
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing the cause of unexpected variance across a range of business functions and measures, including revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Contribute to the annual budgeting and planning process
- Prepare a range of standard and ad-hoc reports and analyses to support business decision-making. Prepares and analyses quarterly and monthly financial reports
- Ensuring all accounting processes are followed and where appropriate improved, with required documentation and internal controls being put in place
- Assist with the preparation of year-end audit files, year-end account close, and auditor queries and requests
- Ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager
Skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree within a Financial domain or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of relevant financial analyst experience, preferably within a top tie FinTech, Financial Services or top tier Professional Services organisation
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Part Qualified Accountant or willing to work towards an accountancy qualification
- Experience in fast growing start-up or scale-up tech company
Here's what we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive pension
- Private Healthcare cover
- Plenty of fresh fruit and healthy snacks
- Fully stocked drinks fridge
- Passionate and friendly team around you
- Hands on training and mentoring
- Opportunity for getting operational experience in a start-up where both your work and the results are highly tangible and matter to the business
We are looking for permanent hires for our new, centrally located London office: 71-73 Carter Lane, London, EC4V 5EQ. Flexible working arrangements, where preferable, can be discussed with the hiring manager.
Prima UK is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by English laws.