Prima is an Italian tech company that has been disrupting the insurance industry since its launch in 2015, achieving €170 million investment since 2018. Prima now boasts over two and a half million active clients and has started its international expansion, opening new offices in the UK and in Spain.
You will lead one or more teams inside the Engineering department specifically within Prima's Data domain. You will be in charge of the delivery of the self-serve data platform which forms the technological basis of our Data Mesh vision. You will be ultimately responsible for the overall technical quality and furthermore you will take care of the professional growth of all the teams' Data engineers.
Specifically, you will take care of these tasks:
- Creating and maintaining a strong partnership with the Product Manager to deliver value for your customers.
- Making sure that the technical solutions chosen together with the team meet business demands and are aligned with the technical vision of the company as a whole
- Ensuring the system complies with the maintainability, reliability, scalability and security requirements set by the company
- Defining and monitoring the most appropriate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) metrics
- Supporting the development team so that the most important initiatives are delivered on time, in order to obtain incremental, shared releases
- Ensuring a team composition suitable for achieving set goals
- Promoting the training, growth and satisfaction of every tech member of the team
- Creating and maintaining an exciting work environment
You are our ideal candidate if you meet these requirements:
- Ability to lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others
- Strong empathy for people and willingness to build and maintain fruitful relations with all the colleagues
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience as Engineering Manager or with any technical leadership role. A bonus would be any experience leading a Data team
- Experience with mentorship for less experienced Data engineers
- Personal interest about people development
- Extensive and strong technical background (5+ years)
- Be comfortable having architecture discussions with Engineers and feature/strategy discussions with Product Managers
- Ability to evaluate hard and soft skills of Software Developers in a recruitment process
- Ability to define properly the team capacity needs in order to fulfill planned team initiatives
- Great passion for technology and software development
- Strong proficiency in technical and functional analysis with solid attitude for business requirements challenge
- Proven ability to split large feature requirements into small independent deliverables
- Ability to track initiatives progression, spot bottlenecks and suggest solutions to remove impediments
- Exceptional command of the English language
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Prima we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the requirements. You might still be a great fit!
We will give you all you need to express your talent and work at your best:
- Innovative and informal workplace
- Latest generation devices and tools
- Welfare and company benefits
- Team building events
We will evaluate salary and contract terms during the interview, in order to ensure you an offer adequate to your experience and to your competence.
The employment is Full Time. This role can be fully office based, part-remote or fully remote. We currently have offices in London (UK), Milan and Rome (Italy), Madrid (Spain) with more countries due to open soon.
Prima is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The company prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by national laws.
- United Kingdom
- Job function
- Experience required
- Mid-Senior level