Prima is one of the largest Insurtech companies in Europe with over 2.5 million customers in Italy, having received over €170 Million investment since 2018 we have now launched our products in both the UK and Spain.
Our success has been based on our desire to provide great experience and great prices to our customers, this is underpinned by 5 core values -
- Simplifying complicated things
- Learning through failure
- Challenging the status quo
- Making it happen
- Empowering others to succeed
Our teams collaborate on a global scale with employees in numerous European countries, we believe that the continued investment in the learning and development of Prima people facilitates the further expansion and success of the organisation.
In this position you will lead one or more Engineering teams here at Prima. You will be in charge of the delivery of all the features that have been planned for the software applications managed by the teams you will be part of. You will be ultimately responsible for the overall technical quality and furthermore you will take care of the professional growth of all the teams' Software Developers.
Specifically, you will take care of these tasks:
- Guiding the definition of the technical roadmap
- Making sure that the technical solutions chosen together with the team meet business demands and are aligned with the technical vision of the company as a whole
- Ensuring the system complies with the maintainability, reliability, scalability and security requirements set by the company
- Defining and monitoring the most appropriate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) metrics
- Supporting the development team so that the most important initiatives are delivered on time, in order to obtain incremental, shared releases
- Ensuring a team composition suitable for achieving set goals
- Promoting the training, growth and satisfaction of every tech member of the team
- Creating and maintaining an exciting work environment
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Prima we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might still be a great fit.
- Ability to lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others
- Strong empathy for people and willingness to build and maintain fruitful relations with all the colleagues
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience as Engineering Manager or with any technical leadership role
- Experience with mentorship for less experienced Software Developers
- Personal interest about people development
- Extensive and strong technical background (5+ years)
- Be comfortable having architecture discussions with Engineers and feature/strategy discussions with Product Managers
- Ability to evaluate hard and soft skills of Software Developers in a recruitment process
- Ability to define properly the team capacity needs in order to fulfil planned team initiatives
- Great passion for technology and software development
- Strong proficiency in technical and functional analysis with solid attitude for business requirements challenge
- Proven ability to split large feature requirements into small independent deliverables
- Ability to track initiatives progression, spot bottlenecks and suggest solutions to remove impediments
Beneficial experience includes:
- Experience with our tech stack (Rust, Elixir, Python, Elm, React, SCSS)
- Experience with message brokers and DBs (RabbitMQ, Kafka, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in designing and implementing microservices in a large ecosystem
We will give you all you need to express your talent and work at your best:
- Innovative and informal workplace
- Latest generation devices and tools
- Constant training (internal and external)
- Welfare and company benefits
- Team building events
We will evaluate salary and contract terms during the interview, in order to ensure you an offer adequate to your experience and to your competence.
The employment is Full Time.
- Madrid -Spain
- Job function
- Information Technology