Descrizione del lavoro
Prima leads the revolution of the insurance world with innovation and technology, data-driven strategy, and world class talents. Born innovators, we work every day to provide great experience and great prices to our customers. We have redesigned and digitised the entire insurance value chain powered by the most advanced tech stack and data analytics capabilities.
Since the first policy was sold in 2015, Prima has acquired over 2.6 million customers and has grown a team of more than 800 Prima People. We are backed by top class investors such as Goldman Sachs, Blackstone and Carlyle. We are the leading online player in the motor insurance market in Italy, but our appetite for growth is huge and drives our global expansion across Europe with our offices in the UK and Spain.
Are you a visionary leader in the world of data engineering, ready to shape the future of Europe's fastest growing Insurtech? We're on the lookout for a Head of Data Platform who will play a pivotal role in driving our organisation's data strategy and innovation to new heights. If you're passionate about cutting-edge technology, thrilled by the prospect of leading a dynamic team, and eager to revolutionise the way we harness data, then this opportunity is your gateway to making a profound impact. Join us on this thrilling journey, where you'll be at the forefront of data-driven solutions, shaping the future of our industry, and redefining what's possible.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the Data Engineering teams in designing and evolving our scalable and decentralized data platform, ensuring the agility and autonomy of domain-specific teams
- Being a visible leader and form effective, productive relationships with key stakeholders across all areas of the organisation, leading the adoption of the data platform
- Work closely with Data Governance, Engineering and Product teams to ensure our data platform helps Prima driving better and faster decisions
- Be an advocate for Prima culture and values instilling this within the data engineering team
- Strong experience of leading Engineering teams within a data setting
- Ability to lead with humility and empathy, building and maintaining fruitful relationships along with a keen interest in people development
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences
- An extensive technical and architectural data background (5+ years), covering knowledge of the wide ecosystem of tools and technologies related to Data.
- A deep understanding of Data Mesh principles and can demonstrate hands-on experience in implementing data mesh architecture
- Ability to think strategically and work with senior engineering, product, and analytics stakeholders in setting short, medium and long term objectives aligned with overall business goals
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Prima we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the requirements. You might still be a great fit!
We will give you all you need to express your talent and work at your best:
- Dynamic and informal workplace
- Latest generation devices and tools
- Welfare and company benefits
- Team building events
We will evaluate salary and contract terms during the interview, in order to ensure you an offer adequate to your experience and to your competence.
The employment is Full Time. This role can be fully office based, part-remote or fully remote. We currently have offices in London (UK), Milan and Rome (Italy), Madrid (Spain) with more countries due to open soon.
- Milan -Italy
- Funzione di lavoro