Descripción del puesto
WANT TO DISCOVER NEW PATTERNS TO HELP US PREDICT THE FUTURE? WE’VE GOT YOUR TICKET TO THE FAST LANE.
Insurance is all about predicting the future, identifying patterns and finding new solutions. At Prima, we’re in the fast lane, trusting our vision to drive change with bold, innovative ideas.
If maths or physics are your things, If you love your job being the most analytical strategic game, where you play with your team to pursue victory in a winner takes all competitive market, if you’re looking to kick-start a fast-paced career covering business strategy, mathematical modeling, and information technology, then Prima is the place for you.
Back in 2015, we embarked on a mission: to provide great value motor insurance that is designed for everyone. And we’ve come a long way, we’ve created a culture where we can fuel each other’s success. But we need your expertise, as we steer things in a new and exciting direction. Take our test to help immerse yourself in our world, and see if you have what it takes to find the winning formula.
Your experience at Prima
As part of the Pricing team at Prima, you will use cutting-edge technologies to help us lead the way in the insurance industry. From business strategy problems, to using machine learning models and data to analyze the risks and opportunities of each new client — your work will be key in helping us achieve our strategic goals.
Moreover, what sets Prima apart is our commitment to empowering our team members: you won't just be an executor, you'll be an integral part of the decision-making process, actively contributing to shaping the strategic direction of the company.
In particular you will:
- Learn how to apply logical-mathematical skills to concrete problems, autonomously managing all the underlying complexities.
- Deepen your knowledge of the machine learning field through close collaboration with industry experts.
- Acquire expertise in the non-life insurance business.
- Improve coding and related technical skills, acquiring the necessary structure to tackle problems of increasing complexity.
- Learn how to work with the other departments of the company, refining communication skills useful to interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Cultivate the entrepreneurial mindset needed to become a future leader.
Skills to Acquire:
- Attain autonomy and reliability, ensuring the accuracy of the results, either from an analytical or a technical point of view.
- Develop time management skills to optimize productivity.
- Cultivate a results-oriented mindset that will enable you to kick start a fast-paced career.
In Prima, specific technical skills or knowledge of the insurance world are not necessary; we will invest in the training and development of your talent. What we are looking for are:
- Currently completing a Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Physics, Mathematics Engineering, Physics Engineering, Statistics or similar.
- Availability to complete ideally a 6 months contract working full time week (remote or hybrid). If you are eager to develop a master thesis project with us, please add your ideas when sending your CV and we will evaluate them.
- Analytical Prowess: Strong quantitative, logical, and analytical skills are essential
- Orientation towards curiosity, proactivity, and pragmatism. You will be encouraged to pursue common goals in original and innovative ways, shaping the future with your ideas.
- Fluent in English and Italian
Curious to know more about us? Click and discover life at Prima Life in the fast lane
Prima is a community made up of talented and ambitious individuals. We offer equal employment opportunities and are oriented towards diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination of any kind based on race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or other protected personal characteristics, as defined by national laws.
- Milan -Italy
- Pricing & Underwriting