Descripción del puesto
Is it a thrilling opportunity in a dynamic environment which is constantly evolving what you are currently looking for? Are you curious to see how a company that operates in the Insurance sector provides a great experience at a great price to its customers using cutting-edge technologies to create and sell its products? Then, we are happy to inform you that you have just got a ticket to the fast lane!
IT technology lies at the very core of everything we do and our Engineering and Product departments are composed of passionate and innovative people who never stop learning and developing their skills employing the latest stacks and methodologies.
At Prima, you could take on a whole new challenge. As part of our global community, you’d be in the driving seat of your career; learning and growing with a top-tier team around you. Prima is a place where no matter who you are or what your role is — your voice is valued.
Back in 2015, we embarked on a mission: to provide great value car insurance that is designed for everyone. And we’ve come a long way, we’ve created a culture where we can fuel each other’s success. But we need your expertise, as we steer things in a new and exciting direction.
You’re probably thinking… ‘That sounds pretty good’. We agree.
As well as great colleagues and engaging projects, there are loads of ways we can help you do the best work of your life. We’ve shaped our offering to place a focus on wellbeing, autonomy and development. We see benefits as the fuel that will empower you to succeed, if you decide to embark on this journey with us.
🤸🏽♂️ Working in a way that works for you
We believe in work-life balance and flexibility. Whether you like working from the office, home or a mixture of both. We’ll help you find a balance that works best for you. We even have a policy that means you can work from any location for 30 days a year. We trust you to steer us forward.
🏁 The freedom to explore the possibilities
We may move fast at Prima, but we move together. We’re invested in your growth; so we’ll give you access to a teaching and learning marketplace. And you’ll have regular sessions with your manager to establish a personal growth plan.
🌈 Our winning formula: happy and high-performing
From private medical insurance to discounted gym memberships and wellbeing initiatives: we’re here to support you. We know how important your health and well-being is, so we’ll go the extra mile to help you when we can.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Pricing Domain, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of insurance pricing and underwriting. You'll be at the forefront of designing and developing innovative solutions that bridge the gap between business, data science, and engineering.
Prima's Pricing and Underwriting technology streamlines the creation and updating of insurance tariffs, automating routine tasks and reducing the time for introducing new tariffs. It eliminates manual, repetitive work from the process and offers scalability and flexibility. It enables easy access to high-quality data and provides tools for troubleshooting and explaining pricing behavior. This technology empowers Pricing Data Scientists and Underwriters, resulting in significant time savings and enhanced efficiency. It has a positive impact on Customer Service Agents and Intermediaries, ultimately improving the experience and providing great prices for Prima's end customers.
In particular we expect you to:
- take the lead in developing the tools, microservices and infrastructure for our pricing and underwriting projects
- work in a dynamic team of engineers within the Pricing Domain, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and support
- collaborate closely with product managers and our stakeholders, including data scientists, to deliver high-quality pricing solutions
- grow, read, stay up-to-date with emerging technologies, tools, and trends to ensure Prima remains at the cutting edge of insurance technology
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of software design and architecture
- Proficiency in software development practices like TDD and BDD, ensuring our code is marked by quality, readability, and maintainability
- Passion for programming, willingness to explore new technologies, and a commitment to coding best practices
- Proficiency in at least one programming language of our stack (Elixir, Python or Rust)
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Experience working with messaging/streaming platforms (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ) and designing relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Strong English communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in cloud-based systems (preferably AWS)
- Previous experience with data orchestration tools and frameworks (preferably Databricks)
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design
- Experience in infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi), container orchestration (e.g. K8s, Knative) and Service mesh
- Experience in ML, MLOps or Data science
- Previous exposure to insurance or pricing related fields
Prima is a community made up of talented and ambitious individuals. We offer equal employment opportunities and are oriented towards diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination of any kind based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or other protected personal characteristics, as defined by national laws.
If it sounds like we’d be a good fit for each other, join us in the fast lane!
- Función del puesto
- Experiencia necesaria
- Mid-Senior level