Descripción del puesto
Prima is an innovative Italian tech company that has revolutionised the insurance industry since its establishment in 2015. With substantial investments totaling €170 million since 2018, Prima is rapidly expanding its global presence. With over two and a half million active clients, Prima aims to become a leading global car insurance provider. Leveraging our well-established AWS experience and platform inherited from our parent company, we have a strong foundation to drive our development forward. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are seeking skilled individuals to join our team and contribute to the optimisation of our AWS infrastructure.
As a Junior SRE, you will be working closely with the core SRE team, the operations team and reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will acquire comprehensive knowledge of our AWS setup to independently support the needs of our domains. Your expertise will contribute to the ongoing development of our platform, which has global aspirations. By adopting this global perspective, we aim to enhance Prima's standing as a prominent player in the insurance industry across multiple regions.
- Collaborate with product and development teams to configure and maintain cloud infrastructure components within AWS, following established guidelines and best practices.
- Support the implementation of monitoring and reporting mechanisms to assist in optimising the performance and cost efficiency of the cloud infrastructure.
- Assist in incident response activities, troubleshooting issues, and contributing to the implementation of effective solutions to maintain the stability and reliability of the cloud infrastructure.
To excel in this role, you should meet the following qualifications and possess the necessary skills:
- 1-2 years of experience in infrastructure.
- Excellent comprehension of Linux systems and networking.
- Solid foundational understanding of infrastructure and security topics.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting capabilities and a good understanding of AWS for effective system management and maintenance.
- Basic understanding of Python for Pulumi infrastructure as code.
- Previous production experience with networking protocols, DNS principles, and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Confidence in making modifications and designing CI/CD systems (GitHub Actions).
- Ability to work independently on the development of assigned tasks, taking full responsibility and delivering desired outcomes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills for effective teamwork.
We highly value candidates with the following characteristics:
- Competence in working with microservices architecture and Agile best practices.
- Experience with DataDog for platform and application monitoring.
- Familiarity with messaging brokers such as RabbitMQ, SQS or Kafka.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database systems for advanced management and support.
- Proactive attitude towards learning and adapting to new technologies and industry trends.
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Prima we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the requirements. You might still be a great fit!
We will give you all you need to express your talent and work at your best:
- Dynamic and informal workplace
- Latest generation devices and tools
- Welfare and company benefits
- Team building events
We will evaluate salary and contract terms during the interview, in order to ensure you an offer adequate to your experience and to your competence.
The employment is Full Time. This role can be fully office based, part-remote or fully remote. We currently have offices in London (UK), Milan and Rome (Italy), Madrid (Spain) with more countries due to open soon.
Prima is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The company prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by national laws.
- United Kingdom
- Función del puesto
- Experiencia necesaria