Descripción del puesto
Is it a thrilling opportunity in a dynamic environment which is constantly evolving what you are currently looking for? Are you curious to see how a company that operates in the Insurance sector provides a great experience at a great price to its customers using cutting-edge technologies to create and sell its products? Then, we are happy to inform you that you have just got a ticket to the fast lane!
IT technology lies at the very core of everything we do and our Engineering and Product departments are composed of passionate and innovative people who never stop learning and developing their skills employing the latest stacks and methodologies.
At Prima, you could take on a whole new challenge. As part of our global community, you’d be in the driving seat of your career; learning and growing with a top-tier team around you. Prima is a place where no matter who you are or what your role is — your voice is valued.
Back in 2015, we embarked on a mission: to provide great value car insurance that is designed for everyone. And we’ve come a long way, we’ve created a culture where we can fuel each other’s success. But we need your expertise, as we steer things in a new and exciting direction.
You’re probably thinking… ‘That sounds pretty good’. We agree.
As well as great colleagues and engaging projects, there are loads of ways we can help you do the best work of your life. We’ve shaped our offering to place a focus on wellbeing, autonomy and development. We see benefits as the fuel that will empower you to succeed, if you decide to embark on this journey with us.
🤸🏽♂️ Working in a way that works for you
We believe in work-life balance and flexibility. Whether you like working from the office, home or a mixture of both. We’ll help you find a balance that works best for you. We even have a policy that means you can work from any location for 30 days a year. We trust you to steer us forward.
🏁 The freedom to explore the possibilities
We may move fast at Prima, but we move together. We’re invested in your growth; so we’ll give you access to a teaching and learning marketplace. And you’ll have regular sessions with your manager to establish a personal growth plan.
🌈 Our winning formula: happy and high-performing
From private medical insurance to discounted gym memberships and wellbeing initiatives: we’re here to support you. We know how important your health and well-being is, so we’ll go the extra mile to help you when we can.
We seek an experienced and highly skilled FullStack Software Engineer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate should possess strong technical expertise in software development and leadership skills. The successful candidate will play a main role in contributing to our team, building reusable code and libraries, and driving the development and maintenance of our systems.
You will join the Policy Management team, a crucial company area that focuses on implementing a scalable, sustainable and secure strategy to increase retention and customer lifetime value and optimise Prima’s operations across the countries we operate in, like Italy, the UK and Spain.
We love functional programming, and we foster pair and mob programming. We provide everyone with a tailored onboarding process, continuous learning opportunities, and frequent 1-1 meetings. We periodically gather together to enjoy team-building events.
You will join an agile team alongside a group of passionate Software Engineers, be autonomous in your daily work, and be involved early in the solution design process. You will contribute to delivering value incrementally, ensuring our users have the best experience ever. This is our way to empower others to succeed. We value our time, the connection between production and engineering, and being in a casual, collaborative, and fun environment, and we believe in trustworthy and respectful relationships.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers and front-end developers, to deliver high-quality solutions
- Architect and develop reusable code and libraries for future use, promoting code modularity and maintainability
- Design, develop and maintain our services, ensuring consistency, scalability, and adherence to industry best practices
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to translate business needs into scalable and effective solutions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in software technologies, tools and frameworks, and drive their adoption when appropriate
- Conduct code reviews, provide constructive feedback, enforce coding standards to maintain code quality and ensure consistent practices across the team
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues, ensuring timely resolution and optimal performance
- Collaborate with product and engineering managers to define project timelines, estimate effort and ensure successful delivery
- Contribute to fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth within the team
- Professional experience with microservices-based architectures
- Knowledge of Event-Driven Architecture
- Strong understanding of UI/UX principles and design systems and a keen eye for detail in design implementation
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Self-motivated, proactive and excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse complex technical issues and propose effective solutions with ownership and accountability for deliverables
- Share the same qualities that define and inspire us, our values
- Strong English communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams
Nice to have
- Professional experience with at least one of Rust or Elixir
- Professional experience with Typescript and React
- Knowledge of TDD
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ/Kafka
- Knowledge of CQRS and event sourcing
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
Prima is a community made up of talented and ambitious individuals. We offer equal employment of any kind based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or other protected personal characteristics, as defined by national laws.
If it sounds like we’d be a good fit for each other, join us in the fast lane! opportunities and are oriented towards diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination
The employment is Full Time. This role can be fully remote from Italy, Spain or UK.
- United Kingdom
- Función del puesto
- Experiencia necesaria
- Mid-Senior level