Descripción del puesto
Prima is an Italian tech company that has been disrupting the insurance industry since its launch in 2015, achieving €170 million investment since 2018. Prima now boasts over two and a half million active clients and has started its international expansion, opening new offices in the UK and in Spain.
You will lead one or more teams inside the Engineering department specifically within Prima's Pricing & Underwriting domain. You will be in charge of the delivery of all the features that have been planned for the software applications managed by the teams you will be part of. You will be ultimately responsible for the overall technical quality and furthermore you will take care of the professional growth of all the teams' Software Developers.
Specifically, you will take care of these tasks:
- Guiding the definition of the technical roadmap
- Making sure that the technical solutions chosen together with the team meet business demands and are aligned with the technical vision of the company as a whole
- Ensuring the system complies with the maintainability, reliability, scalability and security requirements set by the company
- Defining and monitoring the most appropriate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) metrics
- Supporting the development team so that the most important initiatives are delivered on time, in order to obtain incremental, shared releases
- Ensuring a team composition suitable for achieving set goals
- Promoting the training, growth and satisfaction of every tech member of the team
- Creating and maintaining an exciting work environment
You are our ideal candidate if you are able to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the domain and use it to build long term strategies and technical vision across teams
- Navigate high levels of technical uncertainty and reduce it for others
- Be recognized as one of the subject matter experts and go-to persons for the whole domain, helping teams to deliver high quality outcomes through revolutionary ideas
- Grow and maintain strong relationships within the domain and can positively influence others’ perspectives, especially on architectural direction and engineering culture
- Effectively mentor many engineers and provide them opportunities to grow (on technical topics, on decision making, etc)
- Develop good understanding of our business landscape and use it to make technical decisions that yield a significant business impact
- Be a multiplier by designing and providing solutions that accelerate teams, and delegate effectively.
- Effectively communicate with non-technical stakeholders and engage in communications with external business partners
- Manage talent acquisition pipelines by collaborating effectively with other departments
In addition to the basic requirements, we will carefully evaluate these characteristics:
- Experience of Domain Driven Design and event based architecture
- Ability to lead initiatives from inception to delivery
- Experience in designing and implementing microservices in a large ecosystem
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Prima we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the requirements. You might still be a great fit!
We will give you all you need to express your talent and work at your best:
- Innovative and informal workplace
- Latest generation devices and tools
- Welfare and company benefits
- Team building events
We will evaluate salary and contract terms during the interview, in order to ensure you an offer adequate to your experience and to your competence.
The employment is Full Time. This role can be fully office based, part-remote or fully remote. We currently have offices in London (UK), Milan and Rome (Italy), and Madrid (Spain).
Prima is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The company prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by national laws.
- Función del puesto
- Experiencia necesaria
- Mid-Senior level