Descripción del puesto
Is it a thrilling opportunity in a dynamic environment which is constantly evolving what you are currently looking for? Are you curious to see how a company that operates in the Insurance sector provides a great experience at a great price to its customers using cutting-edge technologies to create and sell its products? Then, we are happy to inform you that you have just got a ticket to the fast lane!
IT technology lies at the very core of everything we do and our Engineering and Product departments are composed of passionate and innovative people who never stop learning and developing their skills employing the latest stacks and methodologies.
At Prima, you could take on a whole new challenge. As part of our global community, you'd be in the driving seat of your career; learning and growing with a top-tier team around you. Prima is a place where no matter who you are or what your role is — your voice is valued.
Back in 2015, we embarked on a mission: to provide great value car insurance that is designed for everyone. And we've come a long way, we've created a culture where we can fuel each other's success. But we need your expertise, as we steer things in a new and exciting direction.
You're probably thinking... ‘That sounds pretty good'. We agree.
As well as great colleagues and engaging projects, there are loads of ways we can help you do the best work of your life. We've shaped our offering to place a focus on wellbeing, autonomy and development. We see benefits as the fuel that will empower you to succeed, if you decide to embark on this journey with us.
🤸🏽♂️ Working in a way that works for you
We believe in work-life balance and flexibility. Whether you like working from the office, home or a mixture of both. We'll help you find a balance that works best for you. We even have a policy that means you can work from any location for 30 days a year. We trust you to steer us forward.
🏁 The freedom to explore the possibilities
We may move fast at Prima, but we move together. We're invested in your growth; so we'll give you access to a teaching and learning marketplace. And you'll have regular sessions with your manager to establish a personal growth plan.
🌈 Our winning formula: happy and high-performing
From private medical insurance to discounted gym memberships and wellbeing initiatives: we're here to support you. We know how important your health and well-being is, so we'll go the extra mile to help you when we can.
We seek an experienced and skilled Engineering Manager to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate should possess good technical expertise in software development, enthusiasm for building an environment that enables the development of high-performing teams and strong leadership. Passionate about functional programming and expertise in how to scale frontend architecture is highly desirable.
You will lead a team within the Conversion Domain. This crucial company area focuses on implementing a scalable, sustainable and secure strategy to convert leads into customers. The Conversion Domain aims to optimise funnel conversion and enhance the overall purchase experience for motor and non motor products in three different countries: Italy, UK and Spain. We aim to maximise the conversion rate and the customer purchase value, thereby driving substantial revenue growth for the business.
As a host leader within the Conversion Domain, you will actively contribute to the realisation of this strategic objective. By leveraging your technical expertise and leadership skills, they will be in charge of the delivery of innovative software solutions that enhance the conversion funnel and provide an exceptional customer experience.
You will be ultimately responsible for the overall technical quality and furthermore you will take care of the professional growth of all the engineers.
Specifically, you will take care of these tasks:
- Creating and maintaining a strong partnership with the Product Manager to deliver value for your customers.
- Making sure that the technical solutions chosen together with the team meet business demands and are aligned with the technical vision of the company as a whole
- Ensuring the system complies with the maintainability, reliability, scalability and security requirements set by the company
- Defining and monitoring the most appropriate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) metrics
- Supporting the development team so that the most important initiatives are delivered on time, in order to obtain incremental, shared releases
- Ensuring a team composition suitable for achieving set goals
- Promoting the training, growth and satisfaction of every tech member of the team
- Creating and maintaining an exciting work environment
You are our ideal candidate if you meet these requirements:
- Ability to lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others
- Strong English communication skills and demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience with mentorship for less experienced software engineers
- Experience about people development
- Extensive and strong technical background (5+ years) with passion for technology and software development
- Be comfortable having architecture discussions with Engineers and feature/strategy discussions with Product Managers
- Ability to evaluate hard and soft skills of Software Developers in a recruitment process
- Ability to define properly the team capacity needs in order to fulfill planned team initiatives
- Strong proficiency in technical and functional analysis with solid attitude for business requirements challenge
- Ability to track initiatives progression, spot bottlenecks and suggest solutions to remove impediments
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies
Nice to have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent professional experience).
- Experience in leading a frontend team
- Experience with extreme programming methodology
Prima is a community made up of talented and ambitious individuals. We offer equal employment of any kind based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or other protected personal characteristics, as defined by national laws.
If it sounds like we'd be a good fit for each other, join us in the fast lane!
- Milan -Italy
- Experiencia necesaria
- Mid-Senior level