Descripción del puesto
Prima is a European tech company that has been disrupting the insurance industry since its launch in Italy in 2015. In 2018 we achieved a €100M investment from Goldman Sachs and Blackstone, the largest in Italian tech history, and we now boast over 2.5 million active clients. In 2022 we also launched in the UK and Spain, becoming a global team.
Our goal is to be the most successful Insurtech and best insurance provider in Europe, measured by the value that we can create and share with our customers.
The Business Intelligence Developer will be the primary developer responsible for standardising strategic metrics, building data pipelines, and modernising our data integration processes. Your role will involve supporting the BI/analytics team and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to gather requirements, designing and developing data solutions, and ensuring data consistency, accuracy, and reliability.
Specifically, as a Business Intelligence Developer you will:
- Design, develop, and optimise scalable data pipelines to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from various sources.
- Refactor and modernise existing data pipelines, ETL processes, and data models to improve efficiency, performance, and maintainability.
- Identify opportunities to optimise code, reduce technical debt, and implement best practices.
- Implement data quality checks and data governance practices to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and compliance with regulations.
- Document technical specifications, data pipelines, data models, and integration processes.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing within the team and across the organisation to promote best practices and collaboration.
You are our ideal candidate if you meet these requirements:
- Proficiency in SQL for data extraction, manipulation, and query optimisation and knowledge of relational databases (such as MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- Experience with microservices architectures and Strong programming skills in Python for data pipeline development and modernisation.
- In-depth understanding of ETL processes, data integration frameworks, and tools (e.g., Apache Airflow, Apache NiFi, Talend). Familiarity with data warehousing concepts, dimensional modelling, and data architecture.
- Experience with DataDog for platform and application monitoring, including setup, configuration, and analysis of metrics for performance optimisation
Nice to have:
In addition to the basic requirements, we will carefully evaluate these characteristics:
- Knowledge of Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Familiarity with managing big data tools such as Apache Airflow (MWAA), Spark (EMR), supporting data processing, transformation, and visualisation at scale.
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single criterion. At Prima, we are committed to building diverse teams, so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might still be a great fit!
We will give you all you need to express your talent and work at your best:
- Innovative and informal workplace.
- Latest generation devices and tools.
- Welfare and company benefits.
- Team building events.
We will evaluate salary and contract terms during the interview in order to ensure you an offer adequate to your experience and to your competence.
The employment is Full Time.
Our office is in Piazzale Loreto 17, 20131 Milano (MI), but we also consider Full Remote hiring from other European countries and for our offices in Rome, London and Madrid.
Prima is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The company prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by national laws.
- Función del puesto
- Experiencia necesaria
- Mid-Senior level